Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

{healthy} Rice Krispy Treats

Yes, you heard me, HEALTHY (and vegan!)! No marshmallow, no butter. Just delicious, simple ingredients.

Baking just got a whole lot more interesting to me :) I keep finding ways to make my favorite treats healthier and better!

Recipe

8 Cups brown rice cereal (I used chocolate brown rice cereal)
1/4 cup ground flax seed
2/3 cup natural peanut butter (or whatever nut butter you want)
1/2 cup agave nectar or honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

Lightly oil 13x9 pan with coconut oil.

Combine cereal and flax in large bowl, set aside. In medium sauce pan, heat remaining ingredients, stirring constantly, until liquefied (about 5 minutes). Poor over cereal/flax mix and combine until well coated. Dump into oiled pan and smooth out evenly.

Refrigerate for one hour before cutting into squares.

Makes 30.

No comments: