Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

{homemade and amazing} Breakfast Bars - 2 Flavors!






Granola bars are delicious, we know that, but do you know what is actually IN the granola bars you buy? Can you pronounce the words listed? I can't, and that scares me.

So, naturally, I started looking for different types of homemade granola bar recipes, and found one I love! I'm still on the hunt, though, for different flavors.

This is the original recipe, but I pulled a "Hillary" and changed it to be my own (and also because I didn't actually have all the recipe called for). Crunchy peanut butter and dark chocolate granola bars? I ate most of them myself!


The Recipe

1 cup raw almonds
1 1/2 cup oats with flax 
1 cup mini dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup honey
1 cup natural, chunky peanut butter (the runny kind!)


Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper, or wax paper.
In a food processor, pulverize almonds for about 10 seconds into small chunks. In large bowl, combine oats, almonds, and chocolate chips. Melt the peanut butter and honey in microwave for about 20 seconds, then pour into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. 

Pour mixture into pan and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Makes 16 squares.


The other breakfast bar I made are equally delicious, and they're the easiest to make!  They're date squares, and I LOVE them! I was a bit surprised, because I've never been a huge date fan, but these are fantastic. Not too sweet, and just enough salt. Incredible, you must try them!

The Recipe is found here, I didn't change a single thing! That's right, they're perfect as is! 

If you want to use melted butter, in replace of the coconut oil, that would work, but coconut oil is so amazing. It tastes awesome, and it's great for you!

P.s. I know my pictures are pretty boring, I never claimed to be a photographer ;) Just believe me when I say these are perfect! 

Until my next baking adventure, thanks for reading!

No comments: