Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Summer!

Yes, I know it's still spring, but it's also 100 degrees, so to me it's summer! This means it's POOL TIME!

I'm an Arizona native, I've had 28 years to get used to the heat. I'm not used it, you'll never get used to triple digits 9 months out of the year, but why would I complain about it? It's my home and I'm never leaving! We have a pool available to us all year (thanks apartment living), so we utilize it as much as possible!

Kenzie is almost 5, and because we love swimming, I decided to take her without wearing floaties. Kenzie swims like a fish with them on, she goes all over the place. I thought she'd do wonderfully without them. It's time she swims with the sharks! However, I cannot be the one to teach her. She is so stubborn (hmm, wonder where she gets that from), she doesn't listen to mommy.

We had our first round of "floatie free" swimming and she did OK. She just wants to jump in and GO, no patience (again, not sure where she gets that from). We bought her one of those kick boards, and we have noodles, but it was only day one. She has a lot of work to do, but she knows how to hold her breath, kick her feet, and move her arms. Now it's just a matter of coordinating them together and smoothing the rough edges.

We may just cave and get her into a swim school! There are a few good ones in the area that come highly recommended :) Hopefully by June she'll be pool ready!


P.s. You know the new movie, Frozen? How can you not? Anyway! Kenzie loves that movie, and loves Queen Elsa (white hair) and Princess Anna (red hair), so of course I had my talented friend crochet some hats! I'm Queen Elsa, and Kenzie is, of course, Princess Anna!







No comments: