Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

{best ever} Chocolate Chip Cookies

I perfected the chocolate chip cookie years ago, thank you mom and Nestle, but they (of course) had room to be better.

I spend a good chunk of my day, when I'm not drowning in work (at work), looking up new recipes and figuring out ways to tweak my own. Well on Sunday afternoon, I finally came up with an award winning recipe. It hasn't won an award, but it will. I'll make one.

The Recipe -

1 cup butter, room temp
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon salt
Milk chocolate chips
Semisweet chocolate chips
Or dark chocolate, or white :)


The Directions - Preheat oven to 350


In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, corn starch, and salt; mix well and set aside.

In stand mixer (or large bowl with electric mixer), cream together butter, oil, and sugars. Add in vanilla and eggs, one at a time. When wet ingredients are mixed well, slowly add in portions of flour mixture. Once all ingredients are starting to combine, stir in chocolate chips. This will be hard, so I hope you are strong!

On baking sheet, scoop one scoop of dough with small ice cream scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) and top with another scoop. Keep it tall so it's nice and thick!

Bake for roughly 8 minutes.

I notice that different kinds of chocolate make it so much better than just one! They are so soft and chewy, I love them!


You guys, I'm not even kidding. These cookies are the best ever!

No comments: