Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

5 Years Down...

John and I celebrate our 5 year anniversary on March 18th (today!), and what a crazy and exciting 5 years it has been. If you remember, we do things backwards in our life. First came baby, then came marriage, and then, 5 years later... we had our "wedding" pictures done.

Surprise!

I felt that I deserved the cutesy, lovey-dovey pictures that everyone else has, or had. It's only fair, right?

These last 5 years have been a roller coaster. I love John so damn much, even on days he does nothing but infuriate me.  He annoys me, but the annoying things he does make me laugh. We yell, bicker, and ignore each other to avoid confrontation. The feeling is mutual, we drive each other absolutely crazy sometimes. What kind of marriage is it if the bride and groom don't bicker? But, I love John and all his annoying crazy.


I love the way he hugs me, kisses me, and makes me laugh. I love how he fathers Kenzie. I love hearing him read to her, making her laugh, and watching him hug and kiss her. I love the way he eats ice cream, I laugh every time. I love that he's opened my mind to new adventure and thrill. I love that no matter what, Kenzie and I are his top priority. I love how hard he works to provide for his family, and I love that he excels in his work more each day. I love his wittiness. I love his patience and strength. I love that he is Mr. Fix It and creative. I love watching him succeed. I love the family I gained when I married him, and I love his huge, passionate heart. I love everything about this wonderful man, even all the imperfections, I love it all. Plus, his beard. I love the beard :)


Cheers to the next 50+ years!

       













No comments: