Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

{surprise} Kisses!

I have a bad addiction to candy, chocolate, dark chocolate...anything sweet, really. And, it's no surprise that I love baking.

It’s said to put dark chocolate in your freezer for an occasional snack, which sounds like a good idea, but let’s be serious. I'd start with a few pieces, then all of a sudden they’re gone and I’d be the only one to blame. The problem started when Bashas' had dark chocolate Hershey kisses on sale, 3 bags for $8...

When I finished off the first 2 bags in record time, I decided I had to make cookies incorporating the last bag. That way, I could share them with friends and coworkers, and I wouldn't be tempted to eat them all by myself, hiding in a closet to avoid the little hands of my Little Red, who also enjoys sweets.

I knew peanut butter had to be part of the recipe, but I didn't want to do the kiss cookies. You know, the peanut butter cookies with a kiss sitting on top?

Oh no, I had to do something different. SO I did! I made a chocolate peanut butter cookie and rolled the dough around a kiss. After the cookies were done baking, and while still warm, I rolled them in sugar. Boom baby!

I’m still testing this out. The cookie (and cookie dough) was very crumbly, but they were still dangerously addictive!

The Recipe –

1 1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
18 kisses (give or take)

The Directions – Preheat oven to 350

In medium bowl, sift together all dry ingredients.

In stand mixer, cream together butters and brown sugar; add in egg and vanilla. Slowly combine dry ingredients to wet ingredients. WASH HANDS! It is easier to finish mixing by hand.

Use a small ice cream scooper (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) to measure dough for each cookie. Flatten to a disc and place kiss in middle. Roll the dough gently around the kiss to form a ball.

Place cookie balls on baking sheet and bake for roughly 8-10 minutes. I did 8 :)

While still hot, roll in sugar and place on cooling rack. I LOVE these cookies, they're my new favorite!

No comments: