Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

{healthy version} Banana Pineapple Muffins

Do you remember my post about the {super delicious} Banana Pineapple Muffins? They truly are super delicious, but I've once again  messed around with a few things and found out, they can be so much healthier for you and STILL super delicious!

I've very into eating "clean", aka eating real food. We've always made healthier choices in our home, but I'm more involved now to make sure my family eats nothing processed and full of sugar. We splurge, of course, but I'm much more aware of the gross, chemical infused stuff grocery stores try and sell me.

I'm a label reader, and if I can't pronounce what's in it, I don't eat it. WE don't eat it. I have a daughter to think about! You want to know what the best part about this is? Eating clean, eating healthy, and reading labels? It's more delicious than all that fake food available! It's real, it's full of natural flavors, and you feel better when eating it!
Don't these look incredible?

I turned my already delicious muffins into even more delicious muffins.

The Recipe

1 1/4 cup organic unbleached, all purpose flour
1 1/4 cup organic whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
2 cups pureed organic banana (food processor!)
1 cup organic crushed pineapple, with juice
1/4 cup organic agave nectar (or natural honey)
2 eggs
Organic brown sugar (optional)

The Directions

Preheat oven to 350, line cupcake tin with paper cupcake wrappers

Combine all dry ingredients in medium bowl and set aside. In stand mixer, slowly combine applesauce, banana, and pineapple. Then add in eggs 1 at a time, slowly. Finally mix in the agave or honey. Once mixed, add in flour mixture and combine well.

Divide into cupcake liners (I got 15 muffins out of this). 

Optional - sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons organic brown sugar on top prior to baking.

Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out dry.

ENJOY!















No comments: